YOUR GUIDE TO HEALTHY LIVING
We’ve provided the following links section to help your family remain happy and healthy! If you have any other questions of need to schedule an appointment, contact us today!
CDC - Center for Disease Control of the US Government
- Health Library– A Resource from Vivacare
- Web Sources for Patient Education Handouts
- CDC Site (Center for Disease Control of the US Government)
- Doctors Dig
- Medline Plus
- UpToDate for Patients
- Urgent Care Centers
Patient Portal with MEDENT our Electronic Medical Records System (EMR).
BROWSE THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
- FREE Educational Programs on Aging-Related Topics Caregiving, housing, legal, and professional assistance, by Albany Guardian Society
- Umbrella of the Capital District
- An organization that provides senior citizens and people with disabilities with lower rates for handyman services. This way, they can live independently and comfortably within their homes.
- National Institute on Aging
Research and education on aging by the U.S. Department of Health
- Top caregiving challenges - AARP
- Preventing Alzheimer's Disease - The six pillars of prevention: Regular exercise, Social engagement, Healthy diet, Mental stimulation,, Quality sleep, Stress management
- Six Simple Facts About Antibiotics Use by the U.S. Center for Disease Control
- Virus or Bacteria - What has got you sick? Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections. Viral illnesses cannot be treated with antibiotics. When an antibiotic is not prescribed, ask your healthcare professional for tips on how to relieve symptoms and feel better. Info. From CDC.gov/get smart
Cord Blood Banking
- Do you know that your relationships affect your mental and physical health? Find out if your relationships are Healthy? Unhealthy? or Abusive?
- How to stay safe
- Relationships 101
- Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
First Aid Kit
- Symptoms, risks, prevention techniques and Vaccines
- What is Heart Disease?
- What You Need To Know About High Blood Cholesterol
- Dash Diet - The most successful diet for preventing hypertension and controlling weight
- Effects of Stress – Physical, Mental and Social
- Counting Breaths Meditation
A simple practice to prevent and relieve stress
- Root out stress and cultivate happiness
Urgent Care Centers