- The Spectrum of Relationships - Healthy, Unhealthy and Abusive
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline is an exhaustive source of information.
- What is Domestic Violence? (It can be Emotional abuse, Financial abuse or Digital abuse, Reproductive coercion, Physical abuse, Sexual abuse& Coercion)
- Behind the Screens: How to Maximize Online Privacy
- NYS Domestic & Sexual Violence Hotline 2017 Data
- Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence - CDC
- Path to safety
- Why do people abuse? and Who can be in an abusive relationship?
- How an Abusive Partner’s “Good” Behavior is Part of the Act
- Why do victims make excuses for the partner's abusive behavior?
- Pregnancy and Abuse
- How can you help a friend or family member
- Prevent intimate partner violence - Infographic
- Through their eyes - Domestic violence and its impact on children. Booklet with heart breaking drawings by children - PDF 38 pages
- Frequently asked questions
- Domestic Violence - Finding safety and Support: Safety Planning, Children’s Services, Support Groups, Shelter, The Police & Courts, Orders of Protection, Legal Assistance, How To Help. Booklet of 88 pages
Free 24/7 Hotlines that the affected or any concerned person can call for non-judgmental and empathetic listening, guidance and all round support.
- Equinox (Albany County) 518-432-7865
- Unity House (Rensselaer County) 518-272-2370
- Wellspring (Saratoga County) 518-584-8188
- YWCA (Schenectady County) 518 374-3394
- New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence 1-800-942-6906
- US National Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- "Why does he do that - Inside the minds of angry and abusive men" by Lundy Bancroft, a text book on abusers.
- Getting free - You can end abuse and take back your life by Ginny NiCarthy
- Family and friends guide to Domestic Violence - How to talk, Listen and take action by Elaine Weiss
Short films on Youtube
- Escape - English (UK) 14 minutes
- The beginning of the end - English (India) 11 Minutes
- The mirror English (US) 2 minutes
For more films search youtube for "Domestic violence short film".
Select books on Healthy Communication, Healthy Confrontation and Healthy Relationships are listed below with the titles of the books under the author's name. Most of these books (used books in good condition) are available at our office for anyone to buy at cost price ($4 to 12). They can be returned anytime for full refund. Online summaries of the book can be seen by clicking on the book title.
Marshal b. Rosenberg
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC) - A Language of Life:, Life changing tools for healthy relationships.
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- How to talk so kids listen and listen so kids talk - 20th edition.
- How to talk so teens listen and listen so teens talk.
- Just listen - Discover the secret to get through to absolutely anyone.
Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
- Crucial conversations - Tools for talking when stakes are high.
- Crucial confrontations - Tools for resolving broken promises, violated expectations and bad behavior.
- The 5 love languages - The secret to love that lasts by Gary Chapman. Amazon Reviews
- Emotional blackmail - When the people in your life use fear, obligation and guilt to manipulate you.
- Toxic parents - Overcoming their hurtful legacy and reclaiming your life.
- Toxic in-laws - Loving strategies for protecting your marriage.
- Boundaries: When to say yes, how to say no to take control of your life
Harriet B. Braiker
- The disease to please - Curing the people pleasing syndrome